A decadent, fall recipe for a healthy, but mouthwatering version of your favorite breakfast pastry. It'll take everything in you to resist devouring the entire pan of these Wicked Cutz Apple Pie Muffins!
- about 1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp Wicked Cutz Apple Pie Spice Flavoring
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened smooth applesauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar - see notes
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted refined coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup walnuts chopped
- cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375F - 190C
Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffins liners ,lightly spray each liner with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and salt. Whisk to combine.
In another large bowl, add applesauce, coconut sugar, buttermilk, coconut oil and egg. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 3 minutes.
Transfer wet mixture to flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Fold in apple and walnuts if using.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. I used a cookie scoop and spooned about 2 tablespoons of batter per muffin.
Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately and place on a wire rack to cool.