NEED WE SAY MORE!? This beautiful bowl of cheesy goodness is by far one of our favorite cheat day dinners! Enjoy it with your favorite ice cold beer. Here is the recipe if you'd like to give it a go.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Monterrey jack cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar divided
- 1 bag of Original Peppered Wicked Cutz
- 1 bag of Sriracha Style Bacon Wicked Cutz
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Shred the cheeses, keeping 2 cups of the cheddar off to the side for the topping.*
Cook the pasta two minutes shy of the instructions, rinse and let cool. (We don't want the extra starch of the water making the mac and cheese too thick)
Add the butter to a large stockpot and melt on medium-low heat.
Add the flour, mustard, cayenne and paprika and whisk together until fully combined, cook for an additional 15 seconds.
Add the milk slowly while whisking to keep the mixture well combined.
Add in the salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat.
Remove 1 cup of the milk mixture and let cool for a 3-5 minutes in the refrigerator in a larger glass measuring cup or bowl.
Add the egg to the cooled milk and whisk it well until fully combined.
Turn the heat on the pot back on to medium-low.
Slowly pour the egg and milk mixture into the rest of the milk whilewhisking very well.**
- Add in the Monterey jack, mozzarella and 1 cup of the sharp cheddar and whisk until combined.
- Add the cooled macaroni back into the pot and toss with the cheese sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish and top with the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Sprinkle some Original Peppered and Sriracha Style Wicked Cutz Jerky.